Registration Terms for MAOZ Classes/Workshops (General)
(Contracted Workshops/Classes are subject to the T&Cs of the respective Business/Community Groups)
All classes unless specified are Adult classes/workshops, however, children 15 years+ are able to attend unaccompanied once authorized by parent/guardian. Children under 15 years will need to be accompanied by an adult (unless it is a children-specific class) and two places booked and paid for.
- Enrolment or registration may occur in person at the specified venue or by emailing Mel’s Art of Zen or over the phone. Payment of a one-off Registration Fee as specified entitles the enrollee to join in any of Mel’s Art of Zen Artfully Social groups, subject to availability in class/workshop. Numbers are currently limited due to Covid restrictions.
- You are welcome to contact Melissa Martin directly to discuss the course outline, and materials required, and to check if there are any additional fees.
- Prices listed for classes/workshops are kept as low as possible as part of our commitment to encouraging Art in the Community for non-artists and creatives. Prices are subject to change depending on the type/genre/medium utilized and are GST-free. An invoice/receipt will be issued on successful enrolment or purchase.*Not all materials are included in the fee and some materials will be required to be purchased. A basic kit may be purchased.
- Payment in full will confirm your enrolment/placement and is required before commencing the class/workshop. You can pay remotely over the phone with Visa, MasterCard or Am Ex, with EFTPOS facilities (fees of between 1.9-2.2% apply) or direct debit via Bank Transfer can be arranged and is preferred.
- Mel’s Art of Zen reserves the right to amend any class, workshop or schedule. In such circumstances, we will endeavour to provide a substitute class of equal standing. Should a class have to be cancelled due to insufficient enrolments, or unforeseen circumstances any participant enrolled in that class will be contacted and an alternative class scheduled or a refund arranged. Enrolment is dependent on availability.
- Priority bookings: Current MAOZ participants have priority and will be automatically re-enrolled for the following half-year unless otherwise directed. Participants are requested to confirm enrolment with payment in full by the due date specified.
- There are no child-minding facilities available unless the class is for parent and child (as stated in point 1 previously). No responsibility will be accepted for children before or after classes if unaccompanied by a parent/guardian unless classes are specifically designated as a kids’ art class for the duration of the class/workshop.
Refunds & Transfers
- Please be aware that fees are non-refundable* for change of mind and or inability to attend once payment has been finalized. Fees charged will be refunded only if the class/workshop is cancelled and cannot be rescheduled. Fees may be transferred to another MAOZ private workshop scheduled or held in credit until such time a suitable class/workshop is scheduled.
- Mel’s Art of Zen cannot accept responsibility for changes to a participant’s personal circumstances that prevent attendance.
- *Classes missed are the participant’s responsibility and are non-refundable. However, in the spirit of Good Will, participants will be able to attend another session subject to availability and numbers and so the fee will be transferred accordingly to another class/workshop within the same month (or following one). There will not be a specific ‘make-up’ class available unless the participant would like private or semi-private 1:1 sessions with Melissa. This is costed on a per hour basis at $60/hr, (venue will be agreed upon booking).
- If the participant is unable to attend due to illness or misadventure which results in a lengthy time away, suitable arrangements will be made in consultation with Mel’s Art of Zen and the participant to come to an agreeable solution. It will be possible to have fees paid put ‘on hold pending return.
- Participants who are unable to attend a class/session booked need to contact Melissa Martin asap to notify her of their inability to attend. As places are limited and numbers attending are capped it would be good to be able to offer the vacant spot to another on the waitlist.
Mel’s Art of Zen (and proprietors of the venue) aim to protect participants’ personal information and will not allow third-party disclosure of your personal information.
From time to time we take photos during the class of participants and artworks. These photos are used for Mel’s Art of Zen (or the business venue) promotional purposes only including online and in print. As a Condition of Enrolment participant’s consent is required by signing a Media Release Form. Should you not wish us to take and use photos of you, your child or your artwork please notify us and do not sign the form and move away when a group shot may be taken in class/workshop.
As we will be working within a business/community workspace, participants are asked to be safety aware and to take extra care to ensure appropriate footwear and attire to ensure their safety. There may be stairs to be accessed and bench stools and art benches to work with.
All classes/workshops will be conducted with Work Health & Safety guidelines in mind. Participants will be notified in advance if there are any materials utilized that may have any health and safety concerns and if protective gear may be necessary (e.g. gloves, goggles, masks).
All classes/workshops will be conducted within the specified NSW Government Covid Safety Guidelines of the time. We will continue to promote a Covid Safe environment for all participants and we ask all participants to please respect the issued Health Guidelines and practice good judgement if are unwell and or been in a Covid positive declared venue or close contact.